Saturday, July 25, 2009

Australia is left wing and it doesn't even know it!

From Andrew Bolt in Adelaide. They say to him that Victoria is very left wing, but South Asutralia is just as bad!


Andrew Bolt

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 02:50pm

“I’d like to welcome Andrew Bolt to Adelaide,’’ says the MC at the charity-do I’m to about to address. He gloats that I’m a refugee from the “most Left-wing” state of Australia.

We’ll, I would have probably said that was true. But have I really found refuge in South Australia?

In my hotel room two hours earlier I watched a long TV news report on the tragic death of two gum trees near some school. In a state with millions of the things, several dozen of which no doubt had to be cleared in the saner days in which the school was actually built, this grieving strikes me as rather excessive.

Next comes a progress report on the state’s mad ban on plastic bags - one the Productivity Commission warned was a costly and inconvenient fix to a problem much more trivial than alarmists claim.

So how’s it working out? From the news report, it seems retailers are now losing twice as much stock to shoplifters who use the new planet-saving green bags to smuggle out their goodies. The planet may not be better off from the ban, but the crooks of South Australia sure are.

Add that to Premier Mike Rann’s ban on nuclear waste facilities, opposition to nuclear power, promotion of global warming faith, friendship with Alarmist of the Year Tim Flannery and ban on GM crops - reimposed last year over the advice of a review committee - and I wonder how much longer I can complain that Victoria is the maddest state of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment